Haskap Berry Pancakes
Here is a favourite recipe in the kitchen at Wolf Springs Farm. Enjoy!
What You Need
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (or your choice of vinegar)
1 Tbsp. of cold pressed oil (melt on low heat if necessary)
1 cup Haskap berries
Steps to Make
1. In a large bowl, combine the first four dry ingredients. Set the bowl aside.
2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, then add milk, vanilla, oil and vinegar and mix until combined.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined and not excessively.
4. Lastly fold in the Haskap berries and let the batter rest while the skillet heats up.
4. Place a skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, brush with butter.
5. Pour 125 ml (1/2 cup) of batter into the centre of the skillet. With the back of a spoon, lightly spread the batter if needed. Let the pancake cook on each side. It is ready to be flipped when bubbles appear in the centre and the edges appear drier. Adjust the heat, if needed, to give the batter time to cook before it browns too much. Makes 4-6 pancakes.
Enjoy these delicious melt in your mouth haskap pancakes.